We are so excited to have you come back to Generic High and tell us what you’ve been up to!
Here’s some things to know about our lil GSA:
1. We’ve been going strong for about 5 years now. I mean let’s be honest, if I left it up to the kids they’d probably watch Twilight at every meeting (TEAM JACOB! WOO!) but when pushed a little they are really hard working activists trying to make the school a better place for everyone.
2. We have a pretty gay friendly school environment here so the kids come to school everyday generally feeling safe, which makes my job (and yours) a lot easier.
3. They are a bunch of characters and they know it and they love it. For example, our GSA leader made all of our bake sale posters in the style of ANIMALS TALKING IN ALL CAPS (see animalstalkinginallcaps.tumblr.com). I am also pretty certain, though they will not admit to it, that they are responsible for feministryangosling.tumblr.com. Who knew Judith Butler could be so FUNNY? Needless to say, they’re wordpress/blog/tumblr friendly so I think this will be a great way for y’all to get to know each other!
4. They are can be easily bribed by food.
5. We listen to Whitney Houston as a warm up to every meeting. We cannot deviate from this norm. They will throw things. Feel free to pick your favorite Whitney song to play when you come.
Well, I think that’s all for now. SOOOOOOOOO looking forward to meeting you!